Tuesday 21 September 2010

Inverness, We Need You!

Zizzi is opening a new branch at 20 Bridge Street and I was fortunate enough to be selected as their humble Writer in Residence between October 4th and 8th 2010.  So what is it I'll be doing?  Here's my take on it to give you a taster...

Inverness' history, although colourful and fascinating, is widely known and available.  So what I want to do is travel forward and find out what it's like to live in modern-day Inverness.  How has it changed in the last 20, 30, even 40 years?  Against a backdrop of historic architecture, how has Inverness evolved and become modernised?  Certainly, the opening of a new Zizzi is a fresh injection of Italian flair, but how else has the city's culture progressed?

This is where you come in.  In order to answer these questions, I need to hear your stories.  How do you think the city has changed?  What's your take on Inverness 2010?  If you have a story to tell, then I would love to hear from you.

All you have to do is pop into the restaurant on the following days and chat to me:

Tuesday 5th October - 1-3pm
Wednesday 6th October - 1-3pm
Thursday 7th October - 1-3pm
Friday 8th October - 1-3pm

Each day, I'll be uploading the blog with your stories to give readers an insight into your own tales from the heart of Inverness. So please do drop by Zizzi on 20 Bridge St and share your memories of past and present Inverness.

2 comments:

  1. Elaine, is there any call for some artworks at the opening of Zizzi's?

    I am an HNC art student, based at Midmills college. I know myself and fellow classmates would be interested in such a project, it's all good experience for us.

    Good luck with the stories, what a lovely idea.

    Best Wishes,

    Barbara [Jamison-MacAskill]
    Tomatin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara (or should I say Peter...),

    Along with myself, there is also going to be Katy Thomson who will be the artist in residence. From the 4th to the 8th October she will be creating a mural inspired by the city.

    It would be great if you and your fellow students fancied popping along at any of the times I've listed to see how the artwork is progressing.

    I'd also love to chat to you about how Inverness inspires your own artwork. So if you would like to come down with your own pieces and allow me a quick interview, I'd be more than happy to photograph them and upload them to the blog.

    I think it would be a great idea to have some stories based on artists' impressions of Inverness.

    Best wishes, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete