Monday 4 October 2010

Day One

I have arrived in Inverness and to prove it, here's a very generic, touristy shot of the castle.  It's not hard to take a good photograph with subject matter that beautiful.

I've had a wander round and spoken to a few people.  Sadly, I keep chatting to tourists who are, although very pleasant, no help with my task in finding out what it's like to live in Inverness today.  Bring on the locals!

I popped my head into Zizzi which is already starting to look rather swish.  I was on the lookout for restaurant manager Erica.  I was certain it was an Erica.  However, when I asked for the manager, I was pointed toward a rather tall gentleman.  'Eric?' I asked. 'No, I'm Bob*, that's Erica there,' the man said and pointed to the woman next to him.  What a way to make a first impression!  I think the only person I've impressed today was a lovely lady on the train asking me to fill out a survey.  She reckoned I was too 'glam' for that train and thought I might be a bit 'posh', before informing me that the usual commuters tended to wear 'those outdoor clothes'.  If anyone reckons they know what these elusive outdoor clothes are, then please leave a comment letting me know!

I have an interview lined up this afternoon which will be uploaded onto the blog tomorrow so stay tuned.

Don't forgot I'll be in Zizzi on 20 Bridge Street from tomorrow (Tuesday) until Friday 8th between 1 and 3, ready to hear your stories.

Now, I'm off to try and find some outdoor clothes...

(* It might not be Bob, but at times like that, my memory isn't very acute)

No comments:

Post a Comment