Wednesday 6 October 2010

Nancy


Nancy, 68, is one of the first 'true Invernesians' I have interviewed, coming from a family that have lived in Inverness for several generations. She runs an open stall in the Victiorian Market which stocks the weird and wonderful.

"Here, we do fancy dress, wigs, dress-up clothes, accessories, bird food, plants and seeds. I have lived in Inverness my entire life! My whole family have lived in Inverness, I couldn't even tell you how far back we go. I'm definitely a true Invernesian!

It was wonderful growing up here. I grew up in the 50s and 60s when it was good. Now, everyone's very prosperous but back then it wasn't the same case. Everyone was in the same boat.

I have two brothers and a sister but they've moved to England. I'm really the last of my family here. I definitely see myself staying here. Oh aye, I'm not shifting now, I'm nearly 69! I'll hopefully always run my stall."

No comments:

Post a Comment