Tuesday 5 October 2010

Ross Sharratt


Zizzi's General Manager, Ross Sharratt, 30, was kind enough to take some time out of his incredibly hectic day to speak with me. Ross has only lived in Inverness for 3 years but has fallen in love with the scenery and has no plans to go anywhere else.

"I've only worked for Zizzi for a few months now but I used to be the general manager at Pizza Hut. I worked there for 12 years so it's a big change coming to a place like this. I'm originally from Glasgow but I moved down to a wee town in the Borders when I was 8 and grew up there. I've really enjoyed living in Inverness for the past few years. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I have done, to be honest!

I originally moved up for work and said to myself that I would only stay for 2 years then go back down to the central belt. But after living here for a while, I fell in love with the scenery, particulary the hills, the river and the fact that Inverness is so close to Loch Ness. I haven't seen the monster. But, of course, I think it exists. You have to keep that alive!

I definitely love my history so it's great to live in a place like Inverness where you're surrounded by it. To me, Inverness is like a big town even though it's a city. It's full of people that are really friendly. It doesn't take long to walk from one side to the other and I quite like that aspect.

I have no plans to move at the moment. I think to myself, yes, this is where I want to be. I want to settle down and raise a family here. I've not noticed a lot of change in the city centre since I've been here. The place is still always hoaching with tourists over the Summer and in Winter it's off to Aviemore and the Cairngorms."

No comments:

Post a Comment