Thursday 7 October 2010

Sharon Carswell

Sharon Carswell, 29, is a full-time mum who has lived in Inverness with her husband, Thomas, for just over 4 years and like me, is a born Glaswegian.

"I'm originally from Glasgow but when I was studying at university there, I met my husband who's from Inverness.  Before we got married, we discussed staying in Glasgow but he's got such a strong connection with this place. All his family are here and, to be honest, I fancied a change.  Don't get me wrong, I love Glasgow, but Inverness has just been a breath of fresh air.  The scenery, the people, everything.  It's so much calmer here.

Our son was born just over a year ago and I'm so happy to be raising him here.  Growing up in Glasgow didn't do me any harm but it certainly is a different way of life here!  I'm glad that he'll be an Invernesian and spend his childhood in a place that's just so beautiful.  I really hope he appreciates how lucky he is when he's older!

I love the city centre, all the shops and cafes.  There's already a great selection of restaurants but I think that Zizzi is a great wee addition.  It's in such a perfect location as well.  With the glass fronts, I'd imagine that no matter where you're sitting, you get a great view of the river.  What more could you want, really? Lovely food with a lovely view.  It's nice to see that a bigger chain of restaurants is setting up in Inverness.  It's definitely a sign of the times.  Things are really progressing here and it's lovely to see the place gaining all these great places and keeping its own identity at the same time."

No comments:

Post a Comment