Friday 8 October 2010

Lindyann Alvares



Lindyann Alvares, 26, has lived in Goa but discusses why her plans to return there have been put on hold since having children in Inverness.

"I was born in a place called Bettyhill which is actually 2 hours north of Inverness. There were about 500 people spread over 5 miles. So everyone knows everyone and everyone's related to everyone! There's no buses or anything.

I only moved to Inverness 2 years ago. I've lived in Goa, India but me and my husband moved here initially to save money for our wedding. Now, we've had a baby and there's another on the way so we're here to stay!

I'm looking forward to raising my children here. We were actually meant to be moving back to Goa permanently at the end of next month but now that I've got another baby on the way, we're definitely going to wait! I think we're going to wait around here, try and save some money again and then possibly move back to Goa. It's just too cold here in the Summer!

It's looking fabulous in the restaurant. I had a prior motive for popping by because my friend's the assistant manager. It's just fab that there's somewhere bright and open. It's something different for Inverness. There's so many restaurants here already but this just seems to have more of an edge."

No comments:

Post a Comment